Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thinking Green


<-- (Me holding my compost)

We went to the Earth Fair yesterday (Global Green Expo) and we got pencils made out of old jeans, another pencil made out of recycled newspaper that smells like watermelon. We also got smoked popcorn.

We did compost. I got a worm for a pet and I have to feed it every three days, take the newspaper out every week and grab it and mush it and fluff it up.

We saw a gigantic sandcastle. It was like 20 computers big!

We got magnetic "green" poetry. We also made plants that were being sent to people with no money, no food, no nothing. We also decorated bags that you can use over and use over and over and over and over and over again.

My sister helped paint a mural. Also my mom. Someone read the Great Kapok Tree to me at story time. It's about a guy trying to cut down a tree with a bunch of animals living there. He doesn't cut it, because he falls asleep and the animals come up to his ear and keep telling him to not cut down the tree because all of them live there.

I touched a horse shoe crab. They are 400 million years old. They were around before dinosaurs. I touched a star fish a sea urchin, and I saw a bear skull. It looked like a dinosaur skull to me.

There was a band and I don't know what song they were playing. It was good.

We saw a lot of books. A bunch were about polar bears. Their home is getting destroyed. The ice is melting.

3 comments:

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

Hi Ben,

I have been reading your blog and I think it is awesome! I found this widget today and I thought of all the green work you have been doing. Thought you might like it.

http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/easy-green-tips

Take care,

Lauren

Deborah said...

You've been working really hard. Thank you for that, Ben. I gathered up my cloth totes and began using them again when I go to the grocery store. They stay in my car so I don't forget them!
When I lived in Germany, if I needed a bag I had to pay for one, which was expensive. I used my market basket and cloth totes.